Argao Heritage Tour

By: KR Travel And Tours  08/13/2010
Keywords: Travel, vacation accommodation, Holiday Accommodation

The town of Argao became part of the encomienda of Don Hernando de Monroy on Nov. 3, 1571. On June 21, 1599 it became of the eight visitas of Carcar and was originally dedicated to the Nuestra Señora de Gracia. In 1608 the town was officially established as a pueblo though it only became a parish in 1733. The first titular of the parish was Saint Michael the Archangel but was later changed to the Nuestra Señora de Consolacion. The structures within the church complex remain some of the very few intact Spanish period buildings in the province of Cebu. Outside the walled complex, there are also many Spanish to early American period houses that can be seen.

Keywords: Beach Hotel, Beach Resort, Holiday Accommodation, Hotel Accomodation, hotel reservations, Philippines Travel, Tours, Travel, Travel Agencies, Travel Agency, Travel Agent, Travel And Tours, Travel Packages, vacation accommodation